Monday, February 23, 2009

Obsessed


I have a major obsession with sunglasses. Not sure what it is, I just love 'em. Since I didn't buy new ones last year, which is a travesty, I wanted to treat myself to some before I left for vacation. I checked out Oakleys, but they look dumb on my fat head. Same with Smith.

Then I went to see Ben at his shop, where I found some sweet new Tifosi shades. They look bad ass and they seems to be good quality. Plus, they're reasonably priced as far as performace shades go, so I bought two pairs!

Here's my new Tifosi Pave' sunglasses

And here's me wearing them.

Here's my new Tifosi Ventoux. They're more for casual wear.

And here's me wearing them

The Tifosi's come with a sweet case, too.

I figured I should also present to you, dear readers, some of the many other pairs of sunglasses I have.

These are my polarized glasses that I use for bowfishing

These were the first "real" sunglasses I ever bought, about 6 years ago. The yellow lenses are the only ones that are still usable.

I have a few pairs of aviators. I always think I like them, but I usually only wear them once or twice. They're pretty douchey.

These are the knock-off Oakleys I bought in Mexico for $4. I've never actually worn them.

My first pair of Smith Frontlines

I bought 4 pairs of these Smith Frontlines when I found out they were being discountinued. I have issues with the nosepeices falling apart. I'm really not diggin' any of the new Smiths. It's a shame, because they used to be my go-to company.

If you made it this far, I'm rewarding you with a photo of me wearing the glasses I was supposed to wear in high school. I think I wore them once.

Through this whole experience, I learned something: it's really difficult to take photos of sunglasses. Like, REALLY difficult. I should have just lifted stock images from manufacturers sites, but that would lack authenticity, eh?

2 comments:

Meow said...

I used to be obsessed with sunglasses too. Until I lost two pairs of $200 designer ones!! (Persol) Now I just wear the cycling type everywhere.

Russian Bear said...

I had the same affliction with Oakley and Briko in the 80's and 90's. After child #3 and the multiple destruction and or loss of these glasses has me at the $5.99 counter at Wallgreens every other month or so.

I do miss the days and now, my oldest is 10 and seems to be done destroying my guitars and sun glasses. Perhaps I am due some nice new specs.