Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Same times, different day

I went to the track yesterday to enjoy what may be our last warm day of 2006. I knew I wasn't in prime condition for a good 200m time (having raced on Sunday and done heavy deadlifts Monday), but I figured I'd try anyway.

My first attempt was kind of sloppy. I left the rail too early and couldn't hold my line...result? 12.9

My next attempt was much more techinically proficient (still can't hold the damn black line though), but only a tenth faster at 12.8

Then we got to draft the motor. What a rush! Basically the idea is that you get free speed drafting behind the motor, and then he pulls off and you're on your own for a flying 200. Obviously, my time was much faster at 12.1, with a max speed of 62kph. Now if only I could do that myself...

No comments: