Monday, September 18, 2006

Stupid Tubulars

I hate tubular tires. Sure they ride great and are super-light and fast, but they sure are a pain in the ass!

I spent the last 3 days tediously applying glue to my rim and tire, only to screw up mounting the tire! So, I wasted 3 days and ruined an $80 tire, and I STILL have to pay a shop to install my tires!

I'm supposed to go to the track tomorrow and my rear wheel won't be ready, so I'm going to try to install a Surly Fixxer on my Easton Circuits...let's see how bad I can screw this up!

3 comments:

Scott Patton said...

Hombre,

Don't let the tubulars get the better of you! Take a look at my post on how to do it! It shouldn't take 3 days... less than an hour! Practice... it will get better!

Your blog shows a lot of track ethusiasm! VERY good to see!

-jsp

Tenacious T said...

Update: The fixxer did NOT work. Apparently they only work on Shimano-brand hubs...not any hub with a shimano splined cassette. My bad.

Anonymous said...

I could have told you that. Just fitted one to my 2nd Powertap so now I have power on my track bike. Only problem is no track till October so it's all on the rollers:-(