Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Sub-13 for the first time!

I met Chris Ferris at the track yesterday afternoon to get fitted on my bike and do some sprint work. After an extremely thorough fitting session (which I highly recommend) we did some work on pedalling technique. It turns out I had no clue what I was doing! After 15 minutes of work, I felt much stronger and more efficient on the bike.

Then, it was time for the moment of truth...the flying 200. My previous best time was 13.2 (I've only done 2 of them, so give me a break), and my goal for the year was to go under 13. With Chris on my wheel, I came across the line in 12.83! Damn, I was excited. I know I still have a LONG way to go, but it's really nice to see progress. I definitely need to work on staying down on the measurement line. I was all over the place in the turns.

My second flying 200 was 12.92, but I felt a lot smoother and more efficient. I need to learn to combine the raw power of my first run with the efficiency of the second. I'll keep you posted....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us all posted.
We had better make sure both samples come back negative first though, before the results become official.