Tuesday, November 04, 2008

More Pheasants


This picture is like 2 years old, but I didn't have my camera on Sunday, so this'll have to do. I like posts with pictures.

Ted, Roman, and I got out hunting on Sunday. We ended up in a swampy-ass field, where we all got soaked up to our knees. Ted fell in a creek.

Once we finally found some dry land Bandit started flushing birds fast and furious, and we reached our limit. Ted even got to shoot a chuckar, which landed in a big mud puddle and got all uglyfied.

All my trash talk about Pete not being able to shoot must have backfired on me, because I couldn't hit shit. Ted was shooting well, but Roman and I both went through almost a full box of shells, with very little to show for it. I think I need to hit the trap range. I unloaded on a woodock, which I swear was laughing at me as it escaped into the trees.

Bandit did well again, but was moving a little slower than usual because he ripped off one of his dew claws. I may need to have those removed. He's also a bit small to be hunting for 3 people in thick grass. He just can't cover as much ground as the bigger dogs. He sure does have a good nose, though, and he's got the game figured out.

Good times indeed.

No comments: