Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Night Ride

I'm fairly certain my lights should be brighter than this after only 40 minutes of riding.

The Monday Night MTB Ride was hella fun last night. I rode pretty sloppily, considering it was my first time on a mountain bike this year and it was dark. We had a good sized group of 9, and I was bar far the suckiest. It sucks to be the suckiest, but it wasn't really unexpected. I never crashed, but that's likely because I was going too slow to crash. It seemed like I lost half a bike length on every turn. I guess I got some improvin' to do.

Nearly everyone else on the ride had big pimpin' lights that lit up the trail like it was fucking daytime, and my shitty orange lights died halfway through the first lap, which sucked. I was able to finish the lap by getting between a couple other riders, but couldn't do a second lap like I wanted.

Thanks to Mike, Franz, and Ben for shepherding me home.

I've enlisted the help of my most trusted advisor to find me some new lights before next week's ride, where I'll likely need to come up with a different excuse for sucking. Luke makes shit happen.

Franz was rocking his new (to him) Superfly 29'er. I think he's been converted to the ways of big-wheeled bikes.

I'm going to try to get out a couple times this week to hone my skills before next week. I'm on a quest to not be the guy everyone has to wait for. Lofty goals, indeed.

No comments: