Friday, September 10, 2010

Un-Retire From One, Retire From The Other

Yeterday, I overheard some people talking about how great Tumblr is. I actually thought it sounded pretty sweet, too, so I went and signed up. It seemed like it would be fun, until I realized it's basically exactly like Blogger. I took this as a sign that maybe I should start blogging again. So here I am. And I've even got a new theme.

I may not post as often as I used to, but I get bored in the winter, so at least I'll be entertained. You fuckers need to start leaving comments, though.

I've also decided to retire from cycling racing. "But didn't you already retire," you ask? Not officially. So, I decided to officially retire from racing yesterday. I’ve really just got too much going on in my life right now. Maybe it’s something I could pick up again in the future, but for now, it’s just not in the cards.

I've been watching some old race videos, and it's making me rather nostalgic. This one's still my favorite:Ah, the good old days...

Thanks to everyone who supported/hated/watched/followed me over the years. I was a hell of a ride (pun intended).

I still plan to do plenty of mountain biking and group rides, so I'll still be around. I'll just be fatter and slower.

I've got an ergo for sale if anyone is interested.

In other news, I bought a new shirt the other day that I thought looked super good on me. Then I saw a photo of me wearing that shirt, and I had to throw the fucker in the garbage.

Oh, and also, I won't be posting for like 3 days. Ha!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, the birds are lame and hurt my eyes. In other news, why don't you try Mt Bike racing next year? It's pretty laid back with not nearly as many weenies and you can be fat and slow...

Little D

Tenacious T said...

OK, OK, the birds are gone.

We shall see about mtb racing. At the very least, it's something to do.

Trish said...

Woah, new layout. Nice.

Glad to see you're back to blogging at least! 3 days you say, I'll check back to make sure you follow up.

There. Now you have 2 comments!

K said...

how much for the ego and what are the measurements?

Tenacious T said...

It's got 74 deg STA and HTA, 54cm TT and 56cm ST. There's tons of adjustability options with the tall head tube. Since you don't actually have to steer it, you can run anything from a 50mm to 150mm stem to get the right effective top tube length.

Same with saddle height. I'm 5'11" and my brother-in-law is 5'7" and we can both easily fit on the ergo.

Shoot me an email (click the 'contact me' button on the right side of the blog) to discuss. We would need to figure out shipping/pickup options, since that will have a major affect on cost.

Anonymous said...

I am originally from Rapidan. Also, mtb is great, hope to see you out there. Love Nate.

Anonymous said...

You go on with your bad self T!

M

Anonymous said...

PS Running does completely suck ass.

M

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I officially quit 5 hours ago. Agreed time to find a less stressful hobby. Anyone know of a great motocross track near St. Cloud?

the schad family said...

night mtn bike rides start Monday my friend