Monday, July 12, 2010

Cross-Training

So, my wife convinced me to go jogging with her over the weekend, and I'm still sore. I'm far too fat to carry my own weight for anything faster than a brisk walk.

We also put the kids on their bikes and did a nice, long rollerblade ride yesterday.

And I went swimming (and didn't sink!).

The one thing all these activities taught me (besides the fact that I'm grossly out of shape) is that my lung capacity sucks. It felt like I couldn't get a full breath, especially when swimming. I guess I have to do lung exercises or some shit. Lame.

I did manage to get in some decent miles on my poorly-shifting road bike, which was nice. Riding early in the morning or later in the evening was actually quite peaceful. I need to try to get to a couple Tuesday night hammer-fests to beat myself into shape...until I get dropped after 30 minutes. Maybe if I was more important, they'd wait for me?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The record for getting dropped on a Tuesday ride is 35 minutes into the ride. Held my me. Think I don't.

Anonymous said...

You guys have no idea what it is really like to be lame legged.

My records are so far advanced for the disadvantaged. We are talking dropped in blocks here guys.

They have city blocks in St. Cloud right?

So, you guys dont suck enough yet.

Ben said...

This Tuesday, tomorrow is going to be more mellow. Join us!