Friday, July 16, 2010

New Pimp Phone

I have, in the past, expressed my anger with Motorola for failing to give the Cliq with an upgrade to Android 2.1. They promised an updated in Q2 of 2010. Well, June came and went with no upgrade. Then they gave us some bullshit about putting off their release date to provide a better user experience. That's marketing speak for "this ain't happenin'".

Well, fuck it, I'm sick of it. I can't even use the nice, free, turn-by-turn direction with old-ass Android 1.5. Lame.

Since I'm still under contract with T-Mobile, and I refuse to pay $400 to get out of it, I'm going to be paying retail price for the new Samsung Vibrant. My co-worker got one yesterday, and my jealousy got the best of me. It comes with Android 2.1 and 2.2 is already scheduled. I was hesitant to buy a touch-screen phone (loves me my keyboard!), but after using Swype, I think it will be even faster than typing.

The phone ain't cheap, but I can sell my Cliq to offset some of the cost. Plus, the idea that I'm not further locking myself into a contract makes it worthwhile for me. Plus, no fucking MotoBlur.

I'll give a review of the phone after some time with it, but for now I'm just giddy as can be at the idea of not dealing with Motorola anymore. I will never again give my business to them, because they obviously don't give a shit about supporting their products. I encourage everyone else to do the same.

No comments: