Sunday, February 25, 2007

Isn't it ironic? Don't you think?


Irony reared it's ugly head today when I got in a car accident. Suddenly, the mandatory rental insurance I purchased seemed like a blessing. It also allowed me to help a scared 16-year-old girl who couldn't afford to have an accident on her record. I turned it in as a hit-and-run, got a new Liberty, and called it a day. Her brother agreed to reimburse me for the insurance cost, so we both won.

The girl was pulling out of a parking lot, trying to cross about 7 lanes of traffic, and apparently didnt' see me. I slammed on the brakes, but it was too late. I smoked her Range Rover. What kind of kid gets a Range Rover???? Damn, lucky girl.

Luckily, no one was hurt, and the damage to the vehicles was minor. At first we couldn't even tell where I had hit her car, but it turned out that it was on the rear wheel. No biggie. Hopefully she learned her lesson.

No comments: