Saturday, February 10, 2007

To Nano or Not to Nano...


Today is a sad day. My iPod Mini bit the dust last night. It still works in the docking station, but the headphone jack is shot, rendering it useless. This is a mixed blessing because, while I obviously didn't want my iPod to die, It's been completely full for quite a while and I've been looking for an excuse to get a new one. I'm tired of having to select songs to NOT add to the iPod because I don't have enough storage.

Now I've got to decide which iPod I should get. I've been wanting a Nano, because they're small and cool and uber-portable. The only problem is that the biggest Nano is 8GB, which is only 2GB bigger than I have now, so I would undoubtedly fill it up almost immediately. This puts me right back in the same situation I'm in now...albeit with a trendier product.

For the same price as the 8GB Nano, my other option is to get a 30GB iPod with full-color screen. The would give me 5 times the storage capacity that I currently have, and the new iPods are almost the same size as my Mini, so I wouldn't really be losing anything in that regard. I could also get the 80GB, but that seems like a bit of overkill. Plus, it's bigger.

I need suggestions!!!

2 comments:

Trish said...

If you're really stuck on the nano, get the 8GB but change up what you store on it and store all of your music on some cheap computer at home with lots of storage. (That's what I do.)
Or, cough up the $ and get the 30GB and a shuffle. But if you do that, might as well go with the first option.

SickBoy said...

I have the 8 GB Nano and an older (non-Video 4th Gen) 20 gb....

I cut out all my illegal music and my collection fits on the nano now. It's pretty nice, I take it almost everywhere, a lot more than I lugged the 20 GB around.

Alternatively, you could use your gimpped Mini in the car with one of the dock-connector car adapters.