Monday, May 19, 2008

Graduation

My little sister graduated from college at UMD this weekend. I use the term 'graduated' rather loosely, since she still has 5 years of grad-school left. Regardless, we're proud of her! Her boyfriend graduated too. Now he has to get a job and support her. Sucka!

The ceremony itself was a total bore. Over 1500 students graduated. We had to leave early.

This kid was txting through the entire 3 hours we were there.

The student speaker was a huge loser, and kept saying things like "Use your diploma power. You've got it!" Ugh. Ann Bancroft was presented with an honorary doctorate. Because, ya know, dogsledding is totally doctorate-worthy.

The fam and I stayed at a waterpark hotel, which was way pimp. It's nice to go on vacation and actually have something for the kids to do.


Max beat me at air hockey, and I wasn't trying to let him win.

My sister's apartment building has a pool, but the landlord basically forbids anyone from using it. Especially kids. Stupid old people...

NO! Not an infraction!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i read it as 'those who do not comply will receive an INFECTION'