Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hells Yes

If you weren't there last night, you missed out. We had 8 riders show up: me, Ted, Joe, Colton, Charlie A, Linsey, Elena, and Dano. Not a bad showing for such short notice. All received killer socks.

We started out with flying 200's. I drew the #1 spot, of course. I hit a new PR of 11.25, which I was really please with. My training is definitely going in the right direction. Yes, it was hand-timed, but Linsey is known world-wide for her timing skillz. I'll take it.

A couple participants did their first-ever flying 200's, and looked great. I don't recall exact times for the others, but I know all were pretty impressive.

We then went into some round-robin sprint matches. We decided to keep the men and women together, so we could all race against different people and gain different experiences. The highlight of the night was when Dano beat Ted.

The keirin was a blast as well. Miranda practiced her moto-drivin' skills (and did great, btw). Elena won the women's keirin in a photo finish, and I won the hard-fought men's keirin (in which I drew #1 again).

Joe walked away with the big prize of the night, a used track tote! Woo-Hoo!

For those who may be surprised by how positive this post is, I apologize. It was just so damn much fun!


Women's Keirin

Deep thoughts, with JJJ. Check out the helmet.

No comments: