Sunday, January 14, 2007

"Fast Lane" my ass!

Self Check-Out lines at the supermarket have to be the single worst idea of all time. Comsumers are simply not smart enough to handle this responsibility. "I can't scan my bananas!" Of course you can't, dumb-ass, there's no bar code.

There is nothing "fast" about this lane. Nothing. Once you scan an item it takes 5-10 seconds for it to process, then the machine does not recognize that you have already placed your item in the bagging area, and repeatedly reminds you to do so. You are then forced to jump through hoops in order to scan your next item because apparently it is a cardinal sin to scan an item without first bagging the previous item.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it. There is no way these are fast lanes. Not only that, aren't I paying for the convenience of having someone else do this work for me? What’s worse is that for some stupid reason we convince ourselves that we are surrounded by idiots while waiting for our turn and then we have the same stupid problems with the machines. It’s a vicious never-ending cycle!