Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Gotta Ride


In keeping with my New Years Resolution of "Don't drive when I can ride," I rode to the gym tonight. I know what you're all thinking: "Tuesday is squat day! It would be silly to ride your bike to the gym on squat day." Well, folks, the ride home was significantly longer than the ride there, but a resolution is a resolution...until I forget about it in a couple weeks. There was more salt than snow on the roads, so I expect the Surly to be rusted out by morning.

Riding home in the dark, I took a snowy trail, and it was really quiet and peaceful. All I could hear were the voices in my head.

Headlights Rule!

1 comment:

Gilby said...

I'm pretty lucky, I only have about 8 blocks between me & the gym. Not to mention that I'm probably not even lifting 1/4th of what you are. I'm finally up to 70 lb squats!