Saturday, January 20, 2007

First Outside Ride of '07

It was 19 damn degrees out today with a 20mph SSE wind. Suck. I met up with some of the Grandstay kids, Jim, Matt, and Chia, for a noon ride. I was on my fixed-gear 'cross bike, they all had gears. Since my training no longer calls for long road rides, I rode with them for about 45 minutes, then peeled off on my own to do my sprints.

What I didn't realize, however, was that we'd been going WITH the wind for 45 minutes, so I had to buck a massive, freezing headwind all the way back. By myself. On a fixie. Talk about a character-building experience! My back was still sore from deadlifts yesterday, so I ended up stopping twice to stretch my back and warm up a bit.

By the time I got home I was ready to be done. Not exactly the type of ride I had planned on, but fun nonetheless.

No comments: