Saturday, January 13, 2007

Upgrade Time!

New Pedals

And Shoes

I put these on my track bike tonight. Overall first impressions are good. I'm familiar with Specialized shoes...they're all I wear, but the Pro Road (new '07 style too, beeyotch!) is on a whole 'nother level. Super-stiff and as comfortable as any Sidi's I've tried.

I'm still not sure about the pedals. I've got Speedplays on all my bikes currently, and I always hate to mess with a good thing. The problem is that I don't know if I trust my little Speedplays for standing starts and hard jumps on the track. I know they make a 'track' model, but it has some inherent problems that I can't get over. So far, though, the D/A's feel really solid. I equaled my PR's on the trainer, so they're definitely not holding me back.

I always hate adjusting new cleats. I'm mildy (read: severely) obsessive about it, so I tend to drive myself nuts with 1mm tweaks day and night for the first week. Here we go...

No comments: