Friday, August 29, 2008

First Ride Back

I hadn't done a sprint workout in over week, so I knew yesterday would either be really good or really bad. Turns out, it was a little of both.

My first three efforts were good. Like, almost-PR good. I was feeling all pro and shit.

My fourth effort is where it all went to hell. My legs locked up and I just couldn't spin anymore. Super-weak.

I'm blaming the cold temperature and impending darkness. I'm blaming a weekend of hard living. Aw, fuck it. I'm blaming Ted. Not sure why, but I'm positive this is somehow his fault.

With the weather getting cooler, my workouts will get progressively worse until Nationals. This is where the ergo will come in handy. See, there really is a good reason to keep that stupid-looking bike in my basement!

I talked to a guy yesterday who was already starting his training for 2009. I still have a month of 2008 left, so I was wicked jealous. But then I though, it could be worse, I could be training for cyclocross.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You just don't like cross 'cause you have forgotten how to turn right.