Friday, August 08, 2008

Midwest Sprint Challenge Starts Tonight!

Race flyer can be found here.

If anyone is on the fence about attending...DO IT! Sprinting is a lot of fun, and it's a great way to beat some fitness into your body as well.

Tonight is just team sprint and keirin qualifiers. Should be a relatively short night of racing. Ted, Tainter, and I have a goal time in mind for the team sprint, but I'm not gonna tell you what it is.

I had a small scare yesterday when I rolled my ankle and heard a big POP. It swelled up a bit and hurt pretty bad, but it feels OK when I ride. I just have to make sure I don't do any twisting, which shouldn't be a problem with fixed cleats and toe straps.

Tomorrow morning we have the flying 200's and sprint heats. It's been realitively cool in the mornings lately, which could possibly lead to slower than normal times, but we'll see how it plays out.

I'm not particularly excited about the bubble-up sprinting format, but it's a good way to get practice sprinting against riders of your own level.

Tomorrow night is the finals for Sprints, Keirin, and Handicap. With all those finals in a span of a couple hours, the competition will be tough.

Don't miss it!

No comments: