Saturday, February 28, 2009

Dear Leader Bike: Blow Me!

I'm sure you've all been at the edge of your seat waiting for the ending to the saga of my fork warranty issue with Leader Bike.

They told me they were sending it back to me, and when I hadn't gotten it after 2 weeks, I contacted them to find out what was going on. Their response? "Uh...we actually lost it. We'll send you a new one."

Success! I will not be denied! I thought to myself. Well, lo and behold, 5 days later my same old shitty fork shows up in the mail. Apparently, they found it.

The more I think about it, the more pissed I am. This whole process took over 3 months (actually, closer to 4), which is ridiculous. The "foreign object" in the fork leg is obviously something relatively large. I can tell by the sound it makes. The thing is, there's no openings anywhere on the fork that would allow such an object to get into the legs. Clearly, this is something that was in the fork leg from the beginning and jiggled loose. Any retard could see that.

I had thought that an American-based company which claims to pride itself on "stringent" product testing would want to make this right. I was wrong.

When I first got this bike, I was actually pleasantly surprised at the quality for the price. No more.

I will never buy another one of their products again. Furthermore, I will no longer suggest that anyone else purchase their products, either. The price may be right, but in the end it's just not worth it.

Should I have known better? Obviously. I'm willing to admit my mistake. Why aren't they?

No comments: