Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lesson Learned

I hate ironing. Hate it. Because of this, I rarely wear button-up (or is it button-down?) shirts. I've tried designating one day each week as "ironing day" and ironing 5 shirts, but by the time I get around to wearing them they're wrinkled again (how the hell do they get wrinkled just hanging in my closet???)! Anyway...

I decided to take some clothes to the cleaners. It seemed pretty awesome...until I had to pay $17 for 4 shirts and a pair of pants! SO not worth it.

So now, on ironing day, I'll know exactly how much I'm saving, which will make it feel worthwhile. Or not. Probably not.

Oh, and I just learned about spray starch. That probably would have been good to know about.

I guess I don't really have a point. Just that I hate ironing, but that hatred is outweighed by how cheap I am.

2 comments:

All The Way Ray said...

I married a world renowned ironer who irons something for work almost every day. You could shave with one of those creases.

Ben said...

Dude, wrinkle-free fabric.

Try this: stick your shirts into the dryer for a minute or three, then hang them on a hanger. Leaves no-iron shirts nice and smooth, obviously, but I've gotten it to work on regular shirts as well. It doesn't work on all shirts, but it's certainly worth a shot.