Friday, February 06, 2009

So, What's New?

It seems that lately I've been running into a lot of people I haven't talked to in several months. Invariably, we always ask each other, "What's new?" and I generally reply, "Nothing". It got me thinking. What is new?

Let's see...

I've started a pretty rigorous diet and workout program which has me cutting carbs in the evening and doing cardio first thing in the morning. It seems to be working, but I'm exhausted.

I've done a couple sprint workouts on my ergo and my max power is about the same as last year. I'm going to try to come into the season about 10 pounds lighter than last year, so if I can keep the same power I should be a bit faster.

I've been having lots of fun with my new camera, but I'm convinced that my old camera is going to sell for very cheap on e-bay. Kind of a bummer, since it's really nice. Hopefully someone will get a good deal and really enjoy it.

I was going to ride outside today, given the nice weather. However, my fork still has not been returned from Leader Bike USA. They've now had it since November! Maybe I'll ride my mountain bike. It's probably safer, anyway.

My wife has been letting me sleep in almost every day for the past two weeks. It's been awesome!

I've gotta take my Exploder in to get fixed today because the "Check Gas Cap" light keeps coming on. Yes, I did, in fact, check the gas cap. I need an oil change too.

My kids are at really fun ages now. They're old enough to be at least mildly self-sufficient, but they still need me and are super cute about it.

We got yet another note from the recycling pick-up people because we did not properly prepare our cardboard for recycling. The only way I'm going to learn is if they stop picking it up...their notes have no affect on me.

I'm really excited to be going on vacation in Mexico in a few weeks. I need to get the hell outta here!

Work has been really busy with some project deadlines coming up. It's nice to be able to throw myself into it, because it makes winter go by faster.

I've learned that I'm happier in life when I can obsess about something. Biking, hunting, wakeboarding, skiing, lifting, whatever...it keeps me motivated. I used to try not to obsess because it seemed to get in the way of other things, but I've learned that if I'm not obsessing over something, I will pretty much not do anything at all.

I'm currently dealing with my 4th cold in 2 months. It's really annoying. My kids are a freakin' germ factory.

I bought a sheet of glass to go on top my the desk in my office, but it had a scratch in it when I got home. I'll be getting another one today.

Other than that, I'm just hibernating till spring.

No comments: