Monday, August 10, 2009

3-Day Bender

The weekend was pretty low-key. I did manage to drink myself through 3 straight days, so that's something, I guess.

Friday night we dropped the kids off at my sister's house and went shopping and out for dinner. I have a severe lack of clothes to wear to work, so of course I spent two hours buying clothes I can't wear to work. We ate at PF Chang's, my fave restaurant in the world. I could eat there every day. Every. Single. Day. I had some Newcastle. It was delicious. Then we went to Trader Joe's to buy some organic shit.

Since both kids had been sick, we picked them up and got them home to bed relatively early.

We woke up at 5:30 AM to hear our house getting pelted by hail. They were pretty small pellets, so I don't think there was any damage, but it was noisy as hell. I thought I saw some really big hail, but it was just the reflection of my white dog.

The storms gave way to heat and humidity on Saturday morning, so we went out to the in-laws' lake to hang out for the day. Franz brought his pontoon out, so we kicked it on that and had snacks and mojitos. After a couple drinks we went for a 50-minute bike ride. It did not feel awesome. we got rained on pretty hard, yett it was still hot and muggy so I was sweating like a pig. I didn't realize until the next day, when I was putting my bike on the rack, that the seat tube had filled with water. I poured it all over myself.

We then grilled and imbibed in some home-made hard apple cider. It knocked me on my ass, and I slept like a baby.

Sunday, my wife finally convinced me that we need new living room furniture. I hate spending money on shit like that. It doesn't do anything. At all. We spent 3 hours at Becker Furniture World. Luckily, they have child care on-site. That's the only way to shop! We picked out some pretty pimpin' leather furniture, but it won't be delivered for another 6 weeks. Weak.

Then it was back to the lake for tubing, wakeboarding, and drinking. I spent the day drinking summer-themed beers. Corona, Bud Light Lime, Summer Shandy, and Mike's Hard Lemonade.

We got home late, and I had a freak-out that our new furniture wouldn't look good in the living room. We re-measured everything, put tape lines on the floor, and I was finally convinced that it would be fine. Bullet dodged.

I slept like shit, and was not ready to come back to work today.

That is all.

No comments: