Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Leg Day


Yesterday was my first day lifting in over 3 weeks. I was on vacation, then I was sick, then I was on vacation again, then my kids were sick. I actually felt really good and was pleased with the workout.

Franz deadlifted 335x10, while I stopped at 275. It's been over 4 months since I pulled that much weight, and my hip felt really good. It still acts up sometimes, but for the most part it isn't holding me back too much anymore. I still can't lay on my left side, though.

Franz somehow cut his calf and sprayed blood all over my bar, which was gross. Blood just squirted out. I heard it squirt out. Nast. Other than that, it was a successful workout.

I've been feeling really out of shape lately. I guess it's to be expected after 4 months of sloth, but I feel like I need to start getting out there and doing things again. I've gotten into the habit of not kicking my ass on the bike...and I kind of miss it.

So yeah. It's been a while since I last posted. The reason? Lethargy. I'm still pretty run down from being sick for 2 weeks, and I haven't really had the energy to do anything lately. Thus, nothing to write about. Generally, failure follows me around this life, but I haven't broken or fucked up anything lately.

I'll try to do something exciting soon.

I did go camping last weekend and will get some photos up.

Oh, and I got a haircut yesterday. That's something, right?

No comments: