Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lots O' Fishing

In case no one noticed, I was gone for several days. You all noticed, right? Right?

Several of my co-workers and I went on a fishing trip to Lake of the Woods. The weather was horrible, but we still managed to have a great time and bring in some fish.

We caught a total of 38 fish in 4 days, but were really only able to spend about 10 hours total on the lake. It rained the first 3 days, and the 4th day it was too windy. Suck.

The rain started as soon as we arrived.
So we started drinking.

Our "cabin" was actually a double-wide, but was well-equipped. Satellite TV, full kitchen, and 2 bathrooms.
Since it was raining pretty much the entire trip, Bob donned his full-body condom - er, rain gear.
When it wasn't raining, it was too windy to troll. This picture doesn't do justice to how windy it was and how big the waves were.
A good eater.
Biggest fish of the weekend...a 30-inch walley.
It cleared up for a few hours on Saturday...
...and we were actually able to fry some fish. They were ridiculously delicious.
Brett will make someone a great wife one day.
It was calm when we left the boat landing.
Because of the weather, we actually came home a day early. I was still in "fishing mode", so I decided to take Max and my nephew, Roman, out fishing the next day. There's a musky lake a few miles from Franz's cabin that used to be a DNR stock pond. It's really hard to get to, but fun once you're there. We caught 2 musky in as many hours. Not great, but at least the weather was decent!

This was the boat landing.
It was rutted out, so we decided to take the boat trailer off my Exploder and push it down the hill. Too bad we didn't give any thought to how we were going to get it back up.
I caught a 26" musky.
Roman broke his rod reeling in a weed.
Max even learned how to cast an open-face reel.
Roman caught our other fish, and we had several follow our lures to the boat.
It was really difficult to get my Exploder down the landing to hook up the trailer. I honestly didn't think I'd be able to get it out of there. I put it in 4-Low and shit-canned it. I'm pretty sure I caught air on my way out, but we made it.
In all, it was a nice, long, relaxing weekend.

No comments: