Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I Guess I'll Have To Start Getting Take-Out

About a month ago there was a commercial on TV advertising a $100 gift certificate $50 to RJ's restaurant in St. Cloud. It's a great restaurant, and it seemed like a good deal, so my wife got online to make the purchase.

My wife sucks at the internet, so when she went to submit the order she received an error stating that her session had timed out and did not go through. *Sigh*

I took the computer and proceeded to successfully place the order.

A couple days later we received two packages in the mail, both containing $100 worth of gift certificates. In $10 increments. Apparently both orders went through.

Then I read the fine print. It states that only one coupon may be used per visit, and they cannot be used on alcohol.

I found out today that the restaurant filed for bankruptcy.

I have to make 20 trips to this damn restaurant before they go out of business.

FML.

5 comments:

All The Way Ray said...

Commenting as ordered on Twatter.

Tenacious T said...

I'll comment too, so it looks like more people care.

Dube' said...

That is funny. I hope you're happy now that someone is commenting. You should be at the track tonight even if you aren't racing. Franz could use the support.

Street Sweeper said...

Best of luck with the sand

Anonymous said...

I have purchased deals like that and they are pretty good about taking more than one at a time.