Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Happenin's

I've been kind of a busy li'l beaver lately. Friday, obviously, was my birthday. The kids loaded me up with lures:
I also went to Cabela's and spent some of my b-day cash on a new trolling rod...
...and reel with a line-counter...
...only to find out that my father-in-law had already bought me the same thing. Oops.

We then went shopping for new new clothes. I actually was able to find about 8 shirts, which was awesomely expensive.

Then we went out to eat at Chino Latino, followed by dessert at Reno Zeno. I guess I like places that rhyme.

Saturday was pretty low-key. I woke up at around 9 kinda dehydrated, then went mountain biking with Franz and Mrs. Franz at Quarry Park. We wanted to hit up North Loop, but figured it would be way too wet.

I kicked it with the kids for a while, then we had family movie night with Journey To The Center Of The Earth. It was OK.

Sunday morning we took the kids to the Humane Society because, apparently, our life was not complicated enough without the kids obsessing about getting a kitten.
Sunday we had some friends over with their kids and we went to the punkin patch.
I've decided I want to cross-breed these two squashes...

...and make Nut-Cup Squash.

The kids really wanted to buy a hay bale. Stupid kids, if you want hay, you can pick it yourself.There were some ugly-ass pumpkins. This is the Super-Freak.
We had a small issue Sunday night. If you look closely at this Rapala, you'll notice that a couple of the barbs have been cut off.
That's because I had to cut it out of Kristin's finger. She came upstairs kind of laugh-crying and told me "we have a small problem". Somehow, Addi had gotten a lure stuck in her sock, and when Kristin tried to remove it Addi kicked her foot, lodging the hook deep into Kristin's middle finger.

She was displeased to learn that you can't really just pull it out, due to the barbs on the hook. Nope, ya gotta push it aaaaaaaaaaaaall the way back through, then cut the barb off with a wire cutter.

I'm tellin' ya, my bitch is a stud. She just grabbed the hook and shoved it back through her finger. I cut the barb off and she yanked it out. Hardcore.

3 comments:

Meow said...

What's the kitty's name? Assuming you had the good sense to get one!!

JT said...

Reno, or "zeno"?

Tenacious T said...

Meow - no kitty for us. Our dog would kill it.

JT - Like I said, Zeno.