Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hello Moto

After what seemed like an eternity, my new Motorola Cliq finally showed up today!

The ceremonial unboxing:

Since I got a new SIM card with it, I got the joy of calling T-Mobile tech support to activate it. I always end up getting the ambiguously ghetto chick who is trying so hard to follow her script, but just can't hide who she really is. I know she doesn't really appreciate how I was able to provide the last 4 digits of my SSN, and she doesn't really care that I've been a loyal customer for 10 years. I fuckin' love it!
Anyway, the first boot-up:
After spending a couple hours getting used to the Android OS, I think I've got my 5 (yes 5!) home pages set up close to how I want them.
I'm iffy on Motorola's MotoBlur skin (which integrates all the popular social media networks), but I bet teenagers would love it. I've essentially deactivated it so I've pretty much got the core Android OS. I've downloaded about 15 apps, with plenty more to go. I haven't had enough time with the phone to really form an opinion on it, but so far it seems to kick major ass. I'll give a full review after a week or so.

In the meantime, here are some highlights:
*Android OS
*5 megapixel camera w/autofocus and video
*GPS with Google Maps
*WiFi (but no UMA, boooo!)
*Slide-out QWERTY keyboard
*3G network
*BlueTooth

3 comments:

Franz said...

Looks very similar to my getto Verizon XV6700. I would be very scared.

Brian said...

This is boring. I want to read about you getting kicked in the head.

Franz said...

yes that is a much better story