Thursday, October 15, 2009

Where's Nemo?

We had kind of a sad/funny experience at our house last weekend. I got up early to go out hunting and left before anyone in my family was awake. While I was getting ready, I found a dried-up minnow on the floor. I couldn't figure out where the hell it had come from, but figured it must have somehow gotten wrapped up in a jacket or something while I was out fishing a few days prior.

Anyway, I had places to be and people to see. I threw it in the garbage and forgot about it.

While we were out hunting, I got a text:
"How r u guys doing? Addi's fish is MIA"
Apparently Addi had noticed her fish missing, and was adamant that it had been stolen.

Then it clicked. We had cleaned Addi's fish bowl the night before, and left it sitting on the counter in the kitchen. Sometime during the night, the Betta decided that life wasn't worth living and jumped out of her bowl. She then flopped off the counter and onto the floor, where I found her the following morning.

That afternoon, we bought Addi a goldfish. Hopefully this one has a more positive outlook on life.

1 comment:

Meow said...

I had a murray eel-originally named Gumby, and subsequently changed to "Dumby" becuz it kept swimming into rocks. One night he lived up to his name and "jumped tank"...