Tuesday, June 08, 2010

I Haz A Camper


My wife has been pestering me for over a year because she wanted a camper. I never wanted to deal with the hassle, and I've always been perfectly happy sleeping in a tent. But, she persisted, and we eventually found a killer deal on CraigsList.

Last weekend we went camping with my cousins at Baker Park Reserve. I've never been much for campgrounds, but the place was really nice and had some great bike paths.

Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate and it rained all day long on Saturday. We ended up drinking a LOT, since there wasn't much else to do. I actually had to take a 3-hour nap in the afternoon. I know, rough life.

The camper is awesome, except for the fact that the AC/DC converter stopped working. Basically, everything in the camper is set up to run on DC. When we're running on battery power the converter does nothing. When we're plugged in it converts the 110v to 12v. It turns out, converters are like $300. Since it essentially is only doing the same thing a batter charger does, I purchased one for $30, and will hard-wire it in place of the converter. I'm very resourceful.

Other than that, everything pretty much went to plan, which is strange for me.

I've been off the bike for a few days and weather isn't looking very good for today so I'll probably end up riding the ergo in the basement tonight. Big fun.

No comments: