Friday, June 11, 2010

FGC, Here I Come!

I missed the first night of racing of the Fixed Gear Classic because today is my Max's 8th birthday. I'm not going to miss that to get my ass handed to me in a keirin.

I had read that someone would be live-tweeting the event, and was excited to check the results when I got home from Chuck E Cheese. Boy, was I disappointed. I kinda-sorta got the results, but it would have been nice to know things like who was racing against each other in the sprints, who made the keirin finals, and maybe some interim updates from the longer races. Tweeting "Scratch race qualifying" is useless. How about naming who won? Anyone who is bothering to follow you is going to want more info. If you're going to do it, do it up hardcore. This is me trying to be constructive, but I'm probably coming off like a dick. It's just my way.

Two years ago at FGC, I participated in too many events, which hindered my success. I will not make that mistake again. The sprint field looks to be pretty strong, but I'm excited to see how I stack up after such a long hiatus.

Franz and I practiced our Team Sprint starts yesterday to make sure I'm not going to get dropped with him riding his baby gear. I won't. Jonnycerious is sick, so we've got Jon Linchetz riding 3rd wheel. He comes highly recommended, though I've not heard of him before.

I've been watching the weather forcast like an OCD freak, and it looks like we may be OK. Hell, there's only a 40% chance of rain. There was a 60% chance tonight, and not a drop. I've got the car packed and will be rocking my new EDGE wheels tomorrow. I can't wait.

I'm too tired to proofread this shit.

1 comment:

SickBoy said...

hey come on man, at least a shout out for your personal wheel builder and tire gluer.... ;)

They're ready