Saturday, December 30, 2006

Back in the saddle

I slapped fenders on the Surly and went for a short ride in the snow/slush last night. I only rode for about 30 minutes on a snow-packed trail, but it was just nice to get out. Riding 'fixed' is definitely the way to go for snow and ice. I felt like I had a lot more control.
---
In other news, I am a huge pussy. We rented the movie 'Click' on pay-per-view last night, and I damn near broke down in tears. For those who haven't seen it (spoiler alert!) it's about a guy who gets a remote that can control his universe. He can pause/rewind/fast-forward different events in his life. However, he inadvertantly skips years of his life in order to get to what he deems the "good part", and loses everything that really matters along the way. He misses his kids growing up, his father dying, his wife getting remarried, and several other big events in his life. He got everything he thought he wanted in his career, but lost his life.

Anyways, the moral of the story is to appreciate what you have, and not take anything for granted. I think that's a great message in a self-centered, fast-paced society where success is measured by the size of your bank account.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will not prompt to me, where I can read about it?