Friday, December 08, 2006

People are wierd...accept it

I had a huge epiphany in my interpersonal relationship skills last week when I came to the realization that the majority of people in this world are very wierd and, in general, have major personality flaws which are generally objectionable to modern society. The number of self-centered, spazzy, and unreasonable people in this world is staggering. Now, I'm not talking about people who are simply eccentric. I'm all for individuality. I'm talking about people who can't handle themselves in everyday life.

I think when you're growing up, you are under the assumption that most adults are "normal", and there are a few odd ones. As I've grown older and entered the adult world myself, I've slowly learned the the opposite is true.

What this has changed is my perception of these people. I used to become aggitated and annoyed that grown men and women could not handle themselves in an appropriate manner...at work, at the mall, out to dinner. I now feel sorry for these people, who, for the most part, cannot see themselves for what they are.

Now, I know I should "worry about the log in your own eye before you concern yourself with the sliver in someone else's". Fine, here are my shortcomings: I'm obsessive, sarcastic, slightly immature, and mildly conceited. I do, however, know when it's time to chill out and act like a normal human being for a while.

No comments: