Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Where the hell is Canby?

Apparently, it's about 35 minutes away from Granite Falls, and it's loaded with pheasants!

We left at 6:30 so we could arrive just before hunting hours, to ensure a bountiful harvest. I was concerned about bringing Bandit, since it was really cold and he had been sick lately, but he snuck into the truck, so I really didn't have a choice.

We hunted 5 different pieces of land, some private and some public, and I saw almost as many birds as I saw in South Dakota last fall. It was insane! Late-season hunts are always hard, because the birds are quite wily. Bandit did great, but we let him down when it came to marksmanship. Most of the birds were getting up way out in front of us and didn't offer very good shots. We came home with 2 birds, but could have easily limited out given the number of shots we had.

On the way home I started to get a gut-ache, and I ended up getting the stomach flu.

No comments: