Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Hog is Home

I was so damn pumped to pick up my motorcycle this weekend, and it almost went to shit.

The first issue occurred less that 5 miles into my voyage. All of a sudden the bike just started slowing down for no reason. I got it pulled over to the side of the road, and when I pulled in the clutch I almost went ass-over-teakettle. I found that the calipers on the front disk brakes were clamped on tight to the rotors and the lever wouldn't budge. I called my uncle who lives a few miles away, and the only way we found to get me back on the road was to pound the calipers out with a hammer and chisel.

Not only was I riding a motorcycle I wasn't familiar with, I was riding it without a front brake. Good times!

We stayed at my mom's house for the weekend, and I ended up getting the flu. I barely recovered in time to ride back to St. Cloud on Sunday. I'm still trying to find a shop in town that works on BMW's.

No comments: