Thursday, April 19, 2007

Raisinettes


What is it with some people? I'm standing in line at the video store trying to rent some movies for my sick kid while holding a baby in my arms. Some fat-ass retiree strolls up next to me and starts looking at the candy. He casually grabs a box of Raisinettes and squeezes into the line in front of me.

"Excuse me," I say. No reaction. I poke him with my movie.

"What," he says crabbily.

"You need to go to the back of the line," I say.

"I have less stuff than you, so I don't want to wait," he says.

"I AM HOLDING A BABY AND YOU ARE HOLDING A BOX OF RAISINETTES!" I yell. "GO TO THE BACK OF THE LINE!"

He pushes in front of yet another person and puts his money on the counter. Even though the cashier had witnessed the entire incident, he is apparently a huge pussy, because he took the guy's money, and fatty left the store.

It's OK though...I took the high road and yelled “Fuck Off!” out the window as I drove by him in the parking lot. It feels so good to be the bigger man.

3 comments:

Trish said...

WTF was he thinking? People can be so rude! Especially old farts. It's not about how much you have, it's about who was there first!

MP said...

"Fuck Off" That's awesome.

amidnightrider said...

Too bad. Without the baby, you could have stepped in front of him and let two people go ahead of you. You could look him in the eye and say, "you don't mind, do you?"