Monday, April 30, 2007

New 'Puter

I'd been fighting a losing battle trying to find a computer for my track bike. All I ask for is:

  • Measure speed to 1/10 kph
  • Must be wired (wireless has too much lag time for measuring sprints)
  • Must work on rear wheel for trainer use

I finally found a solution. The new CatEye Strada, mounted on the top tube.


I can't see it while I'm riding, but all I really care about is max speed at the end of a sprint.

If anyone has any other solutions, let me know. I just made $0.36, so I'm well on my way to being able to buy another computer.

3 comments:

Gilby said...

Does it have cadence?

Tenacious T said...

Nope, but they make a Strada model that does for an extra ~ $10

Gilby said...

Nice! I didn't really think about the lag time/sample rate of wireless vs wired. Good call.