Friday, April 13, 2007

A Trip to McDonald's

There's something about McDonald's that attracts America's worst and darkest (is that the opposite of "best and brightest"?). I go there on occasion for lunch because it's a block away from work.

Today I got there just in time for the lunch rush. There were over 40 cars in line for the drive-thru, so I decided to go inside to get my food. There were less that 5 people in the entire restaurant. I was in and out in less than 2 minutes. In that time, I saw 3 cars make it through the drive through. For their laziness, the people at the back of the drive-thru line ended up waiting at least an extra 15 minutes for "fast food". Fat America at its best.

As I was leaving, I started backing out of my spot. I just backed out a couple feet so I could see if anyone was coming, and some guy who is no less than 50 feet away slams on his brakes and starts making hand gestures at me. Seriously, WTF? I was in no way impeding his parking, and there were plenty of spots open. I stop and wait for him to go by. He's not moving, so I finally back out and this asshole follows me out of the parking lot, still making hand gestures at me. I pull over to the side of the road and he pulls over behind me. I must be bigger than he had originally thought, because he peeled outta there the second I got out of my car and went to confront him. What a pussy.

No comments: