Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tampons

For Trish:

Though I have no personal experience, I do see a lot of commercials. From what I gather, the Tampax Pearl costs twice what normal tampons cost because it has a braided string. I know this because they state in their advertising that this is a feature. All tampons are rendered useless if the string cannot be used for removal, so I can see where this would be desireable. It also expands to fit, but I imagine that is a function of cotton rather than just this particular tampon.

However, for my money, I give the nod to Original Tampax Multipax. Why? 3 different absorbancies in one box: Super, Regular, and Lites. Booya!

2 comments:

Trish said...

NO DOUBT that this was written by a man of no knowledge! Thanks for the effort! Good laugh!

Gilby said...

Girlfriend, do not put that bleached cotton & rayon crap in your whachee! If you're gonna use tampons, use the unbleached ones you can get at a co-op.

The Keeper or the Diva Cup are far better options, IMHO. They are re-usable (lasts for 10 years!), easy to clean, comfortable (it takes a cycle or 2 to get used to using one), and you can use them for up to 12 hours before emptying. When you consider that tampons will cost you about $70 per year ($6 box x 12 months), the $35 initial cost of the Keeper is a bargain.