Monday, July 23, 2007

I Break Shit

It's just what I do.

Ted is constantly lecturing me about how I need to be more gentle with things, but it just never seems to work for me.

  • Just last night, I broke a Nalgene bottle. Aren't those things supposed to be indestructible?
  • I'm on my 3rd Bottom Bracket of the year on my track bike
  • I recently had to replace all my chainring bolts because I stripped them out
  • I went through 3 seatpost clamps on my road bike last year
  • The bike shop manager actually said to me, "Congratulations. I've never seen anyone do this to a headset before. You really fucked this thing up."
  • I nearly broke the latch on Ted's new sliding door, but he stopped me at the last second

I've been breaking shit all my life, so this is just a small and recent sampling of my exploits.

My new goal is to stop breaking my toys and aim for something more constructive, like track records.

2 comments:

Dan Currell said...

Why can't you break something on your bike while you're accelerating away from me? Why can't that happen?

The next time that happens--the accelerating part--think of how fragile a thing the bicycle wheel is. That poor little plastic thing down there, as you're "making me your bitch", as you have said on at least one occasion while going, oh, 37 mph or so. Couldn't it just fold? Give those wheels a break.

dgc

Morgan W said...

its cause you ride too fast. Also I have to work and other stuff so no track this week. I'm trying to get next tuesday off but there is a lot of baking to be done.

Also check your pedals. One time i snapped one off while out of the saddle. It was properly installed with loc tite. It just got stripped out and the crank arm is now smooth where threads are supposed to be. oh yeah it was also the first lap at cross nats.