Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I Got Schooled

I went up to the track last night to do my sprint workout. I hit a new PR for max speed, by my 200 time didn't show it. I rode a shitty line and ended up with an 11.75. For those of you who aren't familiar with riding the track, you have to go further if you don't hold your line. My ride was the equivalent of being able to sing REALLY loudly, but being completely tone-deaf. Speed without style.

The Taint was there and we convinced him to do some match sprints with us. Miraculously, I was able to beat him on the first one because I took off really early. The next time, in a 3-up with me and Ted, The National Champion took us to school. He kept the pace high and was swerving all over the damn track so we couldn't come around. In the final sprint, I just didn't quite have enough left. I'm glad I got the chance to ride against him, though. I learned a lot.

He mentioned that maybe next year he would go back to sprinting full-time instead of doing that pursuit shit. That would rock.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw that Ted schooled you at the match sprint as well:) He must be a marvelous tactician.

Tenacious T said...

You mean when he ran me off the track? Yeah, I guess that's probably a tactic that works every time.

Anonymous said...

Semantics. Run onto duckboards, marvelous tactician.

Anonymous said...

Raced Tainter Friday night. Apparently I am a slow learner. Damit.