Thursday, September 20, 2007

Wednesday Tidbits

I spent the majority of yesterday with my least favorite type of person: The Loud Nerd. You know the type, someone who's a huge nerd, but walks and talks like he's hot shit. The Loud Nerd is seldom seen in the wild, but they are prosperous and places such as the Microsoft District Headquarters. They can be detected by the way they strut around, usually with a quiet, snivelling sidekick, asking irrelevant questions while exhibiting unjustified confidence. Regular nerds (who are generally great people) tend to hate the Loud Nerd.

Fortunately, I got to spend the latter part of the day with my favorite kind of people: bike people. Pretty much the only people left at the track are those training for Nationals. Crosby, Big Bro Dubay, and Bergman were practicing Madison throws, Ted and I were sprinting, and Ferris was kilo-ing. Good times.

Some dirty messengers came up to check out the track. It's always cool to see someone's reaction the first time they ride the boards. I think I convinced them to come out and race next year.

Bergman still isn't sure if he's going to do nationals. He's already going to be in Vegas for Interbike, so I told him he should just ride to L.A. from there. It'd be a good Madison warm-up. He got a confused look on his face and replied, "I don't ride my bike to get places." Dude, I can relate. It's like every time I go down to the track, I ride and ride and ride, and end up right back where I started. Ya know, cuz it's an oval and all...

1 comment:

Trish said...

Microsoft tends to breed them. They're good at that.