Monday, April 14, 2008

The Magic Bullet

Ever since I started cycling, I've been searching for the Magic Bullet...the one thing that would make all the difference in my performance.

New bikes.

A lighter saddle.

New shoes.

Different cleats.

The latest fad supplements.

Carbon bars.

Aero wheels.

While all of this "stuff" helps (at least psychologically), none of them ever gave me that big boost to the next level.

Then, a wise old trackie (OK, I guess he's not that old) told me, "Just do the work, and the rest will come." Hmmm. What a concept.

Now, when I have a shitty workout, I don't fret over it. I put in the effort. The rest will come.

Try it.

2 comments:

SickBoy said...

damn, I thought this post was about your blender.

Pete said...

fast food = fast cyclist.

Track / Crit:
Polish off the big mac exactly 2:45 before the event.

Road Race:
Pin your number on then drop the whopper.

Trust me.