Wednesday, June 04, 2008

I'd Rather Be...

Here's a list of things I'd be doing if I didn't spend all my time training to ride my pedal-bike in a circle.

  • Playing guitar
  • Drinking
  • Hangin' with the kids
  • Riding Motorcycles at a rapid rate of speed
  • Working more than 7 hours a day
  • Lifting weights in a more superficial manner
  • Mountain Biking FOR FUN
  • Wearing loose-fitting clothing
  • Showering less than 3 times daily
  • Training a new hunting dog
  • Hanging out with friends I haven't seen in months
  • Camping
  • Sleeping in
  • Keeping up on celebrity gossip
  • Building model rockets with Super-Rookie.

OK, maybe not the last one, but the point is that we give up a lot of our lives for this sport. Is it worth it?

Can't I be a "bike racer" without all this damn training?

6 comments:

Super Rookie said...

Anytime you want to build rockets let me know!

Unknown said...

suck it up only 576 maximum effort sprints plus races till elite nationals

Christopher Smith said...

Can't I be a "bike racer" without all this damn training?

Depends what you mean by "bike racer".

I'll show you an example of racing without all that damn training the next Thursday night it doesn't rain.

Anonymous said...

Can't I be a "bike racer" without all this damn training?

Yes, downgrade and get used to second. It's working for me.

evolving yeti said...

of course, that the whole premise of Cat6

Unknown said...

Finished 6 more tonight. Now only 570 sprints till nats. Feel better.