Thursday, June 26, 2008

Piss Me Right Off

I'm very annoyed with my lawn situation. Everything seemed to be going well, then it all went to shit at the worst possible moment.

The guys came and pounded the well. It was working great. Super!

Then the sprinkler guys came. They did a piss-poor job. The heads were too low and misaligned. They cut through my drain-tile in 5 places.

Luckily, they came back to fix everything a couple days later. Super!

The lawn seeding guys came. Apparently the sprinkler guys didn't bury their hose deep enough, and the tiller ripped it up. Crap.

I should note that this is happening the day I'm supposed to leave for a 4-day vacation where I won't have cell phone reception. Double-crap.

At this point, the lawn is seeded but there are holes in the sprinkler hose.

I convinced the sprinkler guy to come out and fix it. Which he failed to do. I had him come back and fix it again.

Now it seems that there's a problem with the sand-point well.

Not having enough time to deal with it before leaving, I hooked the sprinkler system up to our city water.

The sprinkler guys had to come yet again the following day to fix another hole. If you're keeping track, that's 6 visits from the sprinkler guys. Luckily, we had a babysitter who would be at the house all day to let them in to fix it.

When we got back from vacation, everything seemed to be doing remarkably well, considering the circumstances.

It took 4 more days to get someone out to look at my well. Meanwhile, we've gone through roughly $150 in city water. It turns out the pump is shot. It'll be 3 more days before they can replace it.

Last night, I was stomping down the steps behind my house, all pissed off, and I rolled my f'ing ankle. It hurt like a bitch! I thought I broke it, but it seems to be a bit better today.

Why can't anything just be easy???

1 comment:

Meow said...

Hey I sent you an email but it doesn't show my name correctly. Just a heads up-lest you think it's from an obnoxious salesperson or something.