Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Weekly Spew: FGC Edition

I can't believe it didn't rain last weekend. The weather was beautiful!
---
Meeting "legends" is never as great as it seems like it will be. They may do amazing things on the bike, but they're just regular guys like you and me.
---
I have a lot to learn. About everything.
---
Emile Abraham is my new favorite bike racer. I can't say enough good things about him.
---
I wish I could have offered more reports on how the races went for other local riders, but I honestly was so caught up with my own racing that it was difficult to take it all in.
---
I have cuts and scrapes everywhere!
---
After this weekend, I'm a lot more comfortable going elbow-to-elbow with other riders.
---
I wish the webcasts could have been more accessible. Not sure where they went or why no one was able to find them, but I look forward to seeing them at some point.
---
I somehow hurt my ankle in the team sprint.
---
I can't say THANK YOU enough to all the volunteers who made this happen. An incredible amount of work went on behind the scenes. Thank you all!
---
Because I went to Madison training a few weeks ago, I was able to follow the 20km Madison race and actually know wtf was going on. It was actually really exciting to watch (shhhh...don't tell anyone I said that).
---
Bergman is a freakin' racing machine. He did everything from points races to match sprints and team sprint. Very cool.
---
Roadies take note: Emile raved about how much track racing helps his road racing. When we thanked him for coming to our event, he turned it around and thanked US for helping HIM out by having this race. Perfect prep for the NVGP.

6 comments:

SickBoy said...

You think YOU have cuts and scrapes everywhere???

Add splinters and ooze to that and you might feel a bit like I do...

Tenacious T said...

You win!

Skibby said...

plus you'd have to pluck out some hairs on the top of your head to match his male pattern baldness...

Charlie_A said...

How does the ADT center compare speed wise? Chiappa wouldn't have made the flying 200 time standard for the US track team

http://usacycling.org/forms/selection/2009TalentPoolQualification.pdf

Tenacious T said...

I've run similar times at both. Being outdoors, Blaine is subject to weather conditions.

There was a headwind on the backstretch, so times were a little bit slower. Roberto and Ben said they thought 10.3-10.4 was possible with calmer conditions.

Charlie_A said...

Cool, does that mean your putting on a 103" gear next?

Talk to me before next year. If I get wife approval, you could crash at our place. Pull-out couch, but no plastic.