Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Streak Is Broken


I made it 8 days without driving my Exploder. Stupid rain fucked my streak up this morning. It was pretty awesome while it lasted, but I sure enjoyed having a radio to listen to on my way to work today.

My babysitter bailed on me, so I'm going to have to skip racing tonight. I was rather excited about the random madison partner thing that was goin' down, but I guess I'll just have to hit up the next one. I'm sure all my potential Madison partners will be incredibly disappointed.

I've had some shitty training misfortunes lately. Lots of family stuff getting crammed into the end of summer has really cut into training time, and a lot of my rides have ended in the dark. After I had to skip sprint training on Tuesday night, I also got a flat tire and had to do a sprint workout in a wee little gear. Now my babisitter cancelled. I feel like I haven't accomplished much lately.

Motivation is hanging on by a thread, as it always does this time of year. I don't deal well with heat, and Nationals feels like it's so DAMN FAR AWAY.

Ugh. At least the picture of a pig wearing boots makes me happy.

1 comment:

SickBoy said...

I just booked my ticket to LA yesterday. It's not as far as you think.