Friday, July 18, 2008

Thursday Night Lights & State Kieirin Wrap-Up

There was a 15-lap scratch race. I used it as a warm-up and dropped out after 10 laps. Moving on...

I got 2nd place in the State Keirin, in the wildest race I've ever been a part of. Although I really wanted the win, I have no regrets because I rode smart. I just got beat. With the entire Speefix team in the finals, we knew we had to get someone on the podium! I started out in 4th wheel, then moved up when Bergman started coming around the outside. Lots of bumping and fighting for position. I ended up on Ferris's wheel coming into the bell lap. There was a bit of flicking and bumping going on, and a few people thought it was a wee bit excessive, but I honestly don't believe it affected the outcome of the race. When it came down to it, I just didn't have enough to come around. Kruse got 3rd after leading out the whole race, and Ted got 4th.

There was a GREAT cheering section out there. Thanks to everyone who came out!

The night ended with Tainter and I taking 4th place in the Madison. It seemed a lot faster than last week, but it was a blast. I was sweating like a pig, and I kept letting gaps open up that Tainter had to close. Sorry! We botched a couple exchanges, but overall I was happy with our performance.

It ended up getting so late that Chiptle was closed. No burrito for Ted.

The lower categories has a slew of novelty races. There was a blackjack points race that resulted in pretty much everyone getting eliminated after a couple very slow, very confusing laps.

The 4/5's had a trackstand competition, as seen here.

7 comments:

Meow said...

Always fun watching you guys out there Mr.T!!! Me and my Amanda thought you were awesome!
And next time you guys are hungry, I'd be happy to make a run for ya'!

Skibby said...

with all 3 of you guys standing on the top of the podium, does that mean you tied for 1st?

Russian Bear said...

Robert Lindstrom wrote:

Everybody

My fixed commuter has been stolen. Images can be seen on craigslist.org. This is one bad ass bike. Jay Henderson built 48 hole fixed gear wheels. Profile 165mm BMX cranks. TTT bar and stem. Campy brake. Time atac pedals.

Black chrome frame and fork no logos.

Be on the look out. This is my only surviving bicycle. I need it back.

Show me how to post images and I will do so here.

Russian Bear said...

Right

Nice race. I got the play by play live. Felt like I was there.

Good job.

Russian Bear said...

Sorry to blow up your blawg...dawg.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/bik/761916902.html

That is the bike.

This is good for you blog. Looks like people are posting stuff.

But are they, are they really?

Russian Bear said...

What is all this now?

Tenacious T said...

Keep it up...makes me look important!

Good luck getting your bike back. That blows.