Thursday, May 14, 2009

Alessandro Who?

I'm sure glad Pettachi has been able to come back from his doping suspension and win some stages in the Giro. Seems that pesky asthma must not be bothering him too much! *Sigh*

Cav's inexperience is showing. He just got PWNED in stage 2, and was poorly positioned in stage 3. I'm sure he'll get some stage wins, along with some much-needed humility, as the race plays out.

I can't figure out why Garmin keeps working their asses off for Tyler Farrar. He can't sprint with the big boys, and in the coming years will slowly fade into obscurity. His 2nd-place finish the other day was a fluke. Even he said he was lucky.

I find myself unable to root for Levi. I don't know why, I just don't like watching the guy.

Even being a sprinter, I like watching the climbing stages more than the sprint stages. I can watch an entire stage in the mountains, but only the last 2k of the flat stages.

It was cool to see a breakaway actually succeed today.

This is Quickstep's manager. His name is Frans De Cock. For those of you who aren't multi-lingual, that translates to "Franz of Cock".


That is all.

No comments: