Sunday, May 03, 2009

Dear Saturday, Thank You For Not Sucking

Yesterday was awesome. It was the first day I've woken up and could tell that I've made some progress in my recovery. It also marks the first time the swelling in my hip has gone down enough that I was able to wear boxers under my baggy sweatpants. Great success!

The best part about Saturday, however, was the Marty Road Race. I love this race, despite the fact that I've never raced it. I just like the venue, the bar in particular. Plus, it's only 15 minutes from my house.

Here's the 35+ group coming up the climb on their final lap.


I didn't make it to the finish line in time, but Tainter won the field sprint for 3rd, with Donimator a close 4th.

Here's the Cat 1/2's on the final run-in to the finish

Doug Swanson took a commanding victory, winning by 4-5 bike lengths. I also found out he reads my blog, which is awesome. This is actually a very good picture, if I do say so myself.

Then there's that guy.

I got to see quite a few people I haven't seen in a long time, and some people that I see pretty regularly but never get tired of. I would have loved to have a beer with y'all, but it doesn't mix well with pain meds. No one wants to see me all messed up, shakin' my deformed money-maker.

There was lots of concern about the injury, so thanks to everyone for that. I'm working on getting better, but it's going to continue to progress slowly.

Come back to Stearns County soon!

No comments: